Thursday 23 February 2012

Love is All Around

So did everyone have a good Valentine's Day?






Yeah well mine wasn't so peachy. I worked, but I got into the spirit of things by my choice of head gear.


See? I'm not entirely cynical about V Day. Just surprisingly single - not as though that bothers me. Besides, there's this really cute doctor at my work... How about I save that story for another time? *wink wink*

So anyway, I had my whole day planned for when I got home.


It was a productive evening indeed. It was important I got my collection Ayla approved.

The other week when I had a few days off, I went up to Melbourne to spend the day with my dear friend Karen. I had not seen her in a long time, but regardless - this is how our meetings always go.






They were really awesome leggings.

We went around the city and did a bit of shopping. Karen did warn me, but I didn't realise just how serious she could be when it came to helping me find a dress.






So I bought the dress. I'll add that I would have bought the dress with or without her persuasion, but it's always good to get a second opinion. I also really appreciated how passionate she was - even though it scared me a little.

Ok, so we were walking down the street and we hit a set of traffic lights. Whilst waiting for the signal to walk...





Laurence left Karen alone after that.


I have to admit - it was probably the most stupid thing to say, considering he had just introduced himself. But it worked at least.

It's more like me to be all sarcastic and rant on about how much Valentine's Day is a sell out - and how people should focus on showing their loved ones attention all the time, not just on one day of the year. But I like to think of all the great people I have in my life right now - friends, family, who all mean so much. That's enough for me now.

So, in the meantime it looks like I'll have to resort to my Japanese Dating Game on my iPad to keep the romance alive in my life (DON'T YOU DARE JUDGE ME).


Hahahaha they're actually pretty fun to play, I suggest you all try it some time.

And as Dr. House says: You know how they say, "You can't live without love"? Well, oxygen is even more important.

2 comments:

  1. WOW that is Karen to a mother flippin' TEE! haha love it... sounds like your grad position is going swimmingly so far! Love from Maddie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it's great you see the resemblance! I always worry when I draw people that they're portrayed correctly... Yeah the grad year is going well! The blog in the next few weeks will be everything nursing related. I'll get started on it as soon as I can :D Thanks for commenting xx

    ReplyDelete