Monday 8 August 2011

Everyday I'm Shopping

Hello, hello.
For this post I've decided it would suit better if I were to use my manga form instead of my chibi form. Please bare with me.
So, shopping. Some say it's a girls best past time. Some say that it's a form of therapy. Others believe that it's similar to a sport.

I believe that IT'S A PSYCHOLOGICALLY CHALLENGING BATTLE OF WITS TO THE DEATH!!!!
 Caption: "NOO MAKE IT END!"

Allow me to elaborate.
So you go into a shopping complex with hopes of finding the perfect outfit, the latest movie, a decent bargain or you just want to have a look around. For me, there are many things which intefere with these seemingly simple tasks.
For example, the crowds,
the death glares you receive sometimes from the retail assistant - as though it's a crime you set foot in the store,
mannequins that make you feel fat,
people who unnecessarily push you out of the way (sometimes injuring you in the process),
items which are of poor quality and ridiculously over-priced,
"sale items" (items that are still considerably over-priced and twice as hideous),

and the occasional parent who misjudges the size of their massive pram and has no hesitation in running you over if you happen to be within the vicinity of them.
Now, I'm a tall girl. I'm 180cm tall (the chibi form doesn't really show it). For those of you who are like me and love to wear dresses - I feel your pain. Has this ever happened to you?
Let me tell you, nothing is more disappointing when you try on a dress in your size - AND IT'S INSANELY SHORT! I can't stand it - it's happening more frequently now. What is this? Season for the shorties? Why can't the disigners take into account the HEIGHT of people? Aren't models supposed to be tall? Or do they just design the clothes for the models assuming they don't bend over! We're not all 5 feet tall!
Anyway, moving on. Due to the amount of bad luck you've experienced at the shopping centre - hours have gone by, you haven't bought anything yet, you're emotionally and physically drained and you're really regretting your choice in footwear - you then find the food court.
It's at this point where you're about to hit rock bottom. You had all these expectations of finding some great item and you end up disappointed and miserable (and blowing your diet).

But here is where you mustn't be rash. Don't you DARE go and buy something just for the sake of spending some of your hard earned cash. Sometimes when you have shopped for hours and haven't bought anything some items may seem better than they appear...
DON'T DO IT.
Save your money. You have been around all the shops and if there's nothing you fancy don't be upset. Wait a few weeks and come back. Decent items you desired but were too expensive will go on sale, new stock will come in and may suit your taste more, there are SOME dresses with a bit of length on them (you can always disguise it as a top if you can't bear to part with it), and most of all - have a positive attitude!! Don't be phased by the things you don't have - and don't set your expectations too high either!
Good luck, happy shoppers!
I think I'll use my manga form again sometime soon, it was pretty fun drawing it :3

1 comment:

  1. omg it's so true haha ps don't make cibi caz a stranger she's too cute and always makes me laugh :-)

    ReplyDelete